Thursday, January 27, 2011

Is the End in Sight?

I don't want to get ahead of things here, but we may at long last be close to finishing the film. Julien and Jake are working on the sound, recording foley and incidental music, and cleaning up the mysterious hiss that makes somes scenes sound like they were shot on a cross-channel ferry.

It amazes - and horrifies me, to be honest - that I started this blog five years ago, thinking the film would only take about eighteen months to make whilst we looked for cash to make The Gulf Breeze project. How wrong could we be? It's turned out a better film than I'd anticipated, but still, the endless delays have, I fear, had an adverse affect on me. I mean, do I really want to make another film? Do I want to go through this again? Wouldn't I be better off just throwing molotov cocktails at Tories and bankers? (Hang on, maybe that ought to be my next film...)


No comments: