Monday, April 03, 2006

Start Date Set, Casting Begins

Since my last post (not the piece of music I hasten to add!), my male lead Adam Napier has returned to Old Blighty after touring abroad. We have had several phone conversations about Folie, and have decided that the earliest we can start shooting would be the week of 12 June, so that is now our official start date. Until it gets put back, which is always possible, but hopefully we'll stick to it, as without a start date, we'd face the almost inevitable danger of the film regressing into the future and never being made at all.

Today an ad went into PCR for the female lead, Cleo, so I am now just waiting for the postman to start taking my name in vain as he will no doubt have to deliver sacks of mail every day for the next week or so, and I'm at the top of four flights of stairs.

Once the part is cast, we'll start rehearsing, probably around the beginning of May. Adam's doing a play at the White Bear in the second half of May, so we plan to take a break and then come back to Folie once he's finished.

I must admit, when Adam first called me to tell me he was back, the realisation that it's 'now or never' with Folie suddenly hit me, and I have to confess to repairing to an alehouse to steady my nerves. I guess this is natural, as making a feature - even one with no budget - is still an exhausting, but exciting journey. 'Once more unto the breech' I think is the expression...

No comments: