Friday, September 03, 2010

Final Push into the Ardennes

"We are now at war with Germany." Ah, yes, the good old days of '39... Not much point in beating Hitler, really, as Nazis do indeed run the world these days.

But I digress. I am posting to announce progress. I did not find a rich auntie with a grand and a half to spare (what Mel Brooks calls 'Little Old Lady Land' in The Producers). I have instead been working as a cameraman/director on a series of documentaries tentatively entitled The Lost Science. Should be out on DVD and the web in time for a tie-in conference in Amsterdam next June.

This means that, schedules permitting, we can resume work on Folie and get it finished before then. Hopefully within the next few months. I can't say more than that at the moment. I feel so out of the loop with this film that I almost can't now be bothered to finish it at all. But if it does get finished, and screens at festivals, I plan on becoming insufferable in an 'I always knew we'd do it' kind of way, and not miss an opportunity to slag off people who have got in our way. (I can think of at least 4 or 5 people who I'd like to publicly humiliate...)

Anyway, money is flowing in, so I'd better spend it on Folie before I spend it somewhere else, or dash off to the bookies and put everything on the 3.30 at Doncaster.

No comments: